Become a part of our team.
Are you interested in broadcast journalism and media industry? Would you like to report on breaking news and interview influential people in the Davis community?
As an Aggie Studios reporter, you can gain valuable experience in social media, and broadcasting. Reporters will work under the direction of the News, Entertainment, Sports and Creative Directors, and will research and report weekly stories.
Are you interested in filming, editing and producing videos?
Do you enjoy operating cameras, editing footage, and producing news and promotional videos?
As a videographer for Aggie Studios, you will gain valuable experience in the behind-the-scences aspects of media and television. Videographers will work under the direction of the Technical and Content Director, and will film, edit, and produce stories in collaboration with Staff Reporters.
- Will generate new ideas for News, Entertainment and Sports stories.
- Must attend weekly Aggie Studios meetings on Mondays at 7pm.
- Must devote time to researching and planning for the execution of weekly stories.
- Will be on scene of the event to interview people and provide direction to the Videographer.
- Will work together with the Videographer to produce and direct the contents of the video from start to finish.
- Must participate in occasional Reporter Workshops held by the Executive Board.
- Interpersonal and public communication skills
- Organized and self-motivated
- Effective time management
- Appreciation and desire to work in various roles
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must attend weekly Aggie Studios meetings on Mondays at 7pm in the Mee Room on the 3rd floor of the Memorial Union.
- Will work together with a Staff Reporter to produce content for Aggie Studios.
- Will devote time to the pre-production, production, and post-production processes of Aggie Studios videos and projects.
- Must be open to learning and increasing their technical skills.
- Must participate in occasional Technical Workshops held by the Technical Director.
Skills and Requirements
- Interest in television/media/film industry
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, specific Premiere, Audition, After Effects and Encoder is a plus!